Thank you to all those who attended the Recruitment and Retention Strategy Roadshow in Exeter, we hope you found it useful.
We are interested in hearing your feedback to inform how we deliver any future conferences, therefore, please complete the short survey by clicking on the link https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/
The primary purpose of the event was to increase understanding of the content of the strategy, share best practice about how schools are addressing the issues around recruitment and retention, and give you time to reflect on what you can do to implement the strategy in your own school / area. However your feedback from the discussion task will be used to inform implementation of the strategy and our thinking on how to build on it in the future. If you would like a copy of the notes please get in touch with me.
There was a clear demand at the roadshows for more information on the Early Career Framework (ECF). We have therefore published further details, in response to the initial feedback we received from stakeholders following the announcement in January. This is available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/
At the event, we mentioned the new free Department for Education’s job listing service - Teaching Vacancies.
Teaching Vacancies offers a service that
- · is free to use for all state-funded schools in England
- · is free to use by all jobseekers looking for teaching jobs in England
- · allows schools to publish and amend job listings themselves
- · follows the widely recognised Job Posting standard to improve the quality of job listings and make them as shareable as possible
To sign up, send an email to teaching.vacancies@education.
- email of person requiring access
- school name
- trust name (if applicable)