The latest EEF News Alert is now available. View it here.
For the latest Edtech news, updates, CPD and resources - visit the new and improved Edtech dashboard on the CPD Portal for Edtech Demonstrator Support Programme SW.
The Edtech Demonstrator Programme is helping schools and colleges with support for remote education, powered by a regional network of Demonstrator Schools and Colleges in SW England. The programme is funded by the English Department for Education as part of its get help with technology initiative.
Teaching Schools SW are offering a series of good value opportunities for CPD (chairs of governors are free and clerks are £99). The courses are to be ran online. You can find out more about the courses from the links below:
Chairs of Governors
Clerks to Governors
From the 9th to the 14th November the Edtech Demo Programme will be holding a FREE six-day online EdTech event, #EdTechWeek2020 designed to celebrate the work of the EdTech Demonstrator Schools and Colleges, and to support educators - across the UK - in bringing technology into every aspect of their work, both in the classroom and remotely.
You are invited to join in the discussion with industry experts, high-profile speakers, and the teachers who are providing remote education in classrooms today - and ultimately, reshaping the future of education for us all.
Across the week, you'll be able to take part in:
- Every morning, daily ‘Live Panels’ - Roundtables discussing policy, up-to-date sector issues, latest trends in education and technology and practical EdTech ideas for early years to Post-16.
- Twilight ‘Tea & Chat’ - cross-regional panels made up from our network of Demonstrator schools and colleges.
- Sharing CPD materials and online advice and guidance about how you can embed EdTech into your teaching, learning, organisation and community.
- Friday Evening: Festival of EdTech Creativity - Music, dance, art, and drama, live on Facebook
- Saturday: live EdTech Summit 2020 led by the national network of EdTech demonstrator schools and colleges.
With new speakers being confirmed daily, a packed agenda of think-tanks, live festivals and workshops, panels and presentations, our aim is to Share - Learn - Inspire with you. Join our social media communities as we count down until the 9th November @edtechdemo.
Welcome to the second WSRS newsletter of the year, please click here to view. The focus this time is on science learning and how we can adapt our classroom practice under the current conditions. We hope you have had a good (if not a little strange!) term and wish you all a restful break next week, if you're luck enough to have one.
As ever, please forward this newsletter on to colleagues who might be interested and encourage them to sign up to receive it themselves here.